Kundalini Chair Yoga
Chair Yoga, is one of the gentlest forms of yoga available. This approach uses the support and safety of a chair to adapt yoga positions. Emphasis will be on breathing, balance, and finding your own pace.
Have you ever wanted to try yoga and meditation but weren’t keen on getting on the floor? Then chair yoga may the right for you.
Those with disabilities, weight challenges, inflexibility, or who just cannot get on the floor for whatever reason can benefit from a daily practice of yoga on a chair. The chair replaces the yoga mat and becomes an extension of your body allowing you to take full advantage of yoga’s amazing fitness and health potential.
Chair yoga Classes are for everyone. They are a great way to gain flexibility, ease pain, get fit and enjoy an accessible version of yoga. You do what’s comfortable for you with fun and enjoyment!
Benefits of Chair Yoga:
1. Improved Strength – Better able to continue with hobbies and daily activities independently for many more years to come.
2. Improved Flexibility – Assist with mobility issues to undertake activities.
3. Improved spatial awareness – know where your body is in space, and coordinating your movements accurately.
4. Reduced stress and improved mental clarity – lower the impact of stress, chronic illnesses and pain.
5. Community connection – an opportunity to socialise and make friends.
6. Improved stress and pain management – breath work, which can help people not only with stress management but also for coping and managing pain. Through meditation and breath work, you can help your body and mind to cope with the pain of an illness or condition you may suffer with.
- Towel or blanket for padding against chair, or to act as a foot rest, if needed.
- Something warm to cover yourself during relaxation and meditation.
All new students will be required to complete a general health questionnaire / participant agreement form at their first class. If you have pre-existing health condition, please consult a qualified health professional before participating.
This class is for the complete beginner. No previous yoga or meditation experience is required.
This class is a gentle, mediative Kundalini Yoga class. Physical movements are demonstrated and explained by the yoga teacher with suggestions provided to adapt or increase the intensity for different levels of ability.
Private Kundalini Yoga Chair classes are available at your venue. Maybe you would like to hold a function that includes an added health aspect, then a class can be specially designed for your event. Contact us to discuss your requirements further.
Interested in joining us for a class?
Our classes are for all bodies and experience levels. No one class is ever the same. There maybe a focus one week on a particular area of the body, it will be different the next time.